Scholar, writer and ally Paul 'Sangu' Jones is free!
Paul survived extreme sentencing, discrimination, decades of solitary confinement and multiple unfounded parole denials.
Welcome Paul home and embrace him with your financial support as he transitions back into the community.
Donations will be matched through 11/11.
The Hunger Striking for True Freedom has been postponed.
Check back here soon!
Interactive MAP Day 1 ROUTE and INSTRUCTIONS
State-wide Tour and Caravan Map of facilities
Route and directions
CALLS, EMAILS, AND PETITIONS
- Tell your lawmaker to support Second-Look Laws! Second look sentencing would allow courts to reevaluate a person's sentence after a significant period of time served, aka Compassionate Release: reevaluation of time served for the elderly, infirm, or significant medical conditions - a demographic with the lowest recidivism rates. Visit FAMM.org for more information.
- Yes on AB 256 (CA Racial Justice Act) This bill prohibits the state from seeking or obtaining a criminal conviction, or from imposing a sentence, based on race, ethnicity or national origin. To voice your support, contact Ryan Guillen, Legislative Director: Ryan.Guillen@asm.ca.gov, (916) 319-2027, http://www.initiatejustice.org/project/ab256/ or check out the ACLU page.
- Support RISE Act of 2021/SB 483 (Sen. Allen, District 26) This bill is a full repeal of ineffective sentencing enhancements, which have often been applied inequitably to people of color, and would improve fairness by retroactively applying the elimination of automatic three-year and one-year criminal sentence enhancements recently repealed by the State Legislature. Long sentences have no demonstrable positive effect on public safety, but are injurious to individuals, communities, families, and children.
- Tell Newsom to Reject New Funding for Probation: https://act.colorofchange.org/sign/tell-gov-gavin-newson-build-pretrial-reform-model-honor-presumption-innocence/?source=TMM_stage1_button&t=6&akid=51129%2E3010054%2EwKEYgP
- Three Ways to Reach Out to People in Actual Solitary Confinement: Read This How-To! https://solitarywatch.org/2020/05/07/three-ways-to-reach-out-to-people-in-actual-solitary-confinement/
LISTEN & LEARN
Check out this Hard Rock Radio Archive episode. They talk to Jessica Ann Mitchell “JAM” Aiwuyor about American Descendants of Slavery (ADOS) movement and its disruption of Black Unity. Later Poor News Network examines America’s war on the poor. Listen here.